As GET Citians we design cybertools to teach others about issues in green energy technologies that make a difference in our communities and in our world. Our cybertools are meant to be youth-friendly, and incorporate fun and interesting ways to “make a case” for going green while teaching you something about science!
We have presented our work in our classrooms at school and at many other places including workshops and presentations at:
- GET City Green Carnival
- Our churches
- local community centers
- City Hall & the Mayor’s Office
- community forums on energy
- teacher’s meetings and school-wide events
- Michigan Historic Theater
Energy Efficiency & Conservation
- Make a change! Illustrates how youth conduct a lightbulb audit at their school, and why it matters in terms of CO2 emissions and climate change. Jazzy, Chantalice & Cammie
- Power sucking pigs: Describes why people need to consider their contribution to energy waste
- Ringtones: In this PSA we describe an innovation we believe will help create awareness around your energy practices!
- The story of coal: Video rap explaining the story of coal: how it is harvested and its impact on the environment. Theresa and Bianca
- The Climate Rap: In this rap, we explain why changing out your old lights to CFLs can help to prevent climate change. Kinyarda, Jayla and Daryll.
- It’s time to do something: Examines environmental impacts of energy usage. Amber, Keshauna & Morgan
- It’s electric: Builds a case for energy conservation in everyday youth practices. Will & Tray
- What will your future be?: Examines the relationship between energy usage and climate change. Chandler & Kaylin
- The choice is yours: Examines energy consumptions patterns in the US and globally. TT & LuLu
- How much energy do you use?: Provides a rationale for inquiring into one’s own energy practices. Velnique, Dominique, & Ta’Sia
- GET City News: Describes the importance of solar energy in
- Solar Arrest: Explains how using electricity generated from coal contributes to climate change, and the role of solar energy in mitigating the impact.
- Green Jobs: Describes what green jobs are and why they are important. Jeffrey
- Hybrid Cars: Examines how electric cars work and their impact on CO2 emissions. Jazzy and Nieya
- Renewable Energy: The pros and cons from popular media perspective. Chandler and Kaylin.